Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Establishing My Acting Career: "Branding the Product" That Is Me, Becoming The"Company" Studios Want To Do Business With!

With all of this reflection, a new challenge has risen to the surface of my mind. How do I continue my growth as an actor and embrace the need to see myself as a company with its own brand that not only catches the attention of the studios but allows my "company" to grow? Right now, I am a small fledgling company. If I plan on getting this company listed on the "Fortune 500" so to speak, I need to challenge my view of myself, find my uniqueness and make full use of all my assets.

Perhaps this is my means of embracing my "scheduling issues" head on? I guess I should dust of my mission statement, revise appropriately, and evaluate how I can more consistently see myself as the CEO of My Life. Maybe seeing myself as the CEO of My Life is a little too vague. Perhaps, embracing myself as not just an actor competing for roles, but as a businessman whose career is his company, I may see better results.


Yes! My career, my body, mind and creative spirit are the components of my company. Therefore, I am the CEO of this company and should make decisions accordingly. With every acting job I "book", my business expands. I have never thought of myself as a businessman. That will take some studying to fully understand how to do this realistically and not in a "New Age" self-help kind of way. In concrete terms, this will require me looking at my finances and seeing how I can be more responsible with my spending and make sure I have separate funds that will be devoted to company expenses. Separating my personal finances from my business finances may be useful and constructive. It may also help me have tangible markers to track my company's expansion and viability. 

This doesn't have to be hard unless I let it. I just want it to be real and productive. Productivity is coming to mind so much, it will be a barometer of my company's growth and potential for success.

2011 is looking like a year of challenge, a year of meaningful change, and a year of adventure!         




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails