Friday, May 7, 2010

THIS "CEO" IS CALLING AN EMERGENCY MEETING!

Where have I been? When was the moment I got off-track and stopped being the CEO of my own life?  I have no idea. However, as my birthday approaches, my examination of where I am and where I want to be going has made it clear we need a shake up of this "corporate structure" starting at the very top!

Out with the OLD and in with the NEW.

Monday, May 10, 2010  is the start of a new era of leadership.  I will have to spend the weekend reviewing and tweeking my mission statement and get my act together.

These are challenging times. As I check up on what's happening via the S.A.G. website, jobs are tough to come by and working enough to qualify for Health Benefits seems nearly impossible.  However, who needs the website to know I need to up my game?!

So, what do I do?  Well, I guess, this weekend I need to figure out how to tackle a few things:

1. How can I focus more daily on understanding the "business" of acting?
2. How can I get into the best shape possible (physically and mentally)?
3.  How can I quit smoking?
4. How can I make the most of my auditions and book a job?
5. How can I build the inner confidence to draw SUCCESS to me now rather than later?
6. How can I increase other forms of income to sustain me until I get work as an actor?

 As my own CEO, it’s time to call an emergency meeting to discuss the above-mentioned issues. Keeping in mind that I possess four main resources A.K.A. "My Employees" which exist solely to help me achieve the results I desire in my life, hopefully this restructuring won't be too challenging. Who are these employees? Their names are:

Time
Focus
Energy
Money

Jim Campbell wrote and article on http://www.pickthebrain/.com called "You Are The CEO of Your Own Life" that gives a great description of these employees I thought I'd share:

Time


By definition, time is a nonspatial continuum in which events occur in apparently irreversible succession from the past through the present to the future. The past is gone, the present is here but the future is still for us to define. Time, of course, will be present for us but doesn’t benefit the future unless it’s utilized in a constructive way. Does your employee time work well for you or does it show up every day but never seem to yield progress to desired results?

Focus

Employee #2 is focus. Is your focus vivid or blurry? Worse yet, is your focus missing in action? Have you created, documented and shared the “master plan” (vision) with focus? Do you meet regularly with focus? Does focus truly understand that it’s a vital part of the team? Focus should be a 24/7 employee and never allowed to punch out or leave the premises.

Energy

Is energy always being expended and managed in a direction that coincides with the CEOs (your) desired end vision? Energy should know what it’s supposed to be doing at all times. Focus must work very closely with energy as they are reliant on each other. A sailboat without a rudder (focus) and wind (energy) is highly unlikely to ever reach a desired destination.

Money

Always keep a very close eye on your employee #4- money. Successful CEOs have a strong, positive relationship with and respect for money. Always be verifying and measuring how money is doing for you. Money won’t typically complain about being mistreated but positive management and utilization will illustrate itself in many various ways. Always be good to money and money will be good to you.


CEOs are busy and shouldn’t need to spend overt amounts of time micromanaging their four employees. For assistance regarding this, the best CEOs incorporate affirmations into their mornings, days and evenings. For the CEO that desires financial abundance, a simple affirmation example is to repeat the words “Wealth”, “Success”….. “Wealth”, “Success”….. “Wealth”, “Success”…….over and over again in a slow, deliberate manner for five minutes, three times or more per day, every day; also just prior to going to sleep and immediately after waking up each morning. You will immediately notice that your four employees begin showing up early, staying late and even be working when you’re out of the office. They will come to love their jobs and you will always be proud of them for what they help you accomplish.


Yes, this is going to be a full weekend. If I didn't know any better, you would think I was the "CEO" of a non-profit. Starting Monday, this business is transitioning into a "profit making company"!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails