Saturday, May 1, 2010

Tick...Tock...Tick...Tock...























Ahh... The first of May! In nine more days I'll be ticking off one more year on the old life-o-meter. I have long since reached that age where every self-respecting gay man stops counting. Yes, a year deeper into my... dare I say it, FORTIES! Mind you, I feel much younger and, THANK YOU GOD, look younger than many of my forty year old comrades. (Hey, it is the little pleasures that get you through. hahaha!)

Unfortunately, looking and feeling like I'm in my early 30's doesn't mean much if I don't get myself out there and start meeting folks! However, the challenge "du jour" is, my mind and spirit is more focused on getting my acting career off of life support and breathing on its own- not to mention this growing need to get more spiritually centered! So, romance, while on the radar for 2010 is gonna just have to simmer on the back-burner. I think all things considered, my top two priorities once on firmer ground will open me up to meeting Mr. Right as opposed to Mr. Right Now!

What is it about birthdays, anyway? I am already a bit too much of a chap who reflects on life's challenges. But now matter how hard I try, I find my birthday to be a day to check in with myself on where I have been and where I want to be going more so than celebrating another year on the planet.

The hell with it! (I say this now...) This year has been the biggest shake up I have had in over a decade. I quit my 9to5 in search of more fulfillment in pursuit of my dreams! That alone is worth celebrating! Who cares (honestly) if my acting career is on life support?! I am living my life instead of watching it pass me by!

In time, my career will come into focus. I have FAITH. I know that this is where my joy lies, so as long as I have a breath in my body, I will continue to trust that the Universe is working to bring me the roles I am meant for. Until then I will continue to hone my craft and prepare myself for whatever opportunities present themselves.

Bloody hell! It is only May 1st! I've already covered getting older, being single and career challenges. Who knows how many mental mind fields will be set off as I edge toward the big day? I need a valium. Oh well, guess I'll have to settle for Saint John's Wort instead!

4 comments:

Phillip Dews said...

Hey John (as in John Doe, hope you dont mind me calling you that),

Great post loved your style of writing! I hope that you find my eBook helpfull and that your career takes off buddy!

as for your fast aproaching 40th Decade on this planet, I hope that it goes well for you and not drink to much on the day!

Anyway All the Best John and look forward to more posts from you buddy!

-Phillip

Anonymous said...

yep good ol st. johns wort! get out there and enjoy life- sounds like you deserve it! =)

A More Interesting Life said...

Thanks guys!

LionGirl said...

Getting past the 40 line is not that bad. Living life past 40 is not that bad. Important thing is getting what you want and having what you want in your life.

All the best & enjoy life! Happy Birthday!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails