Friday, April 8, 2011

Growing At My Own Pace

On Wednesday, I got a passionate desire to express my frustration, confusion and sadness at the looming threat from Congress to the funding of such national treasures as PBS. Now, I got into that post and was quite happy with it when suddenly, I discovered my computer was under attack from a Trojan determined to ruin my week. There is nothing like writing a long post about something you care about and realize you have to press "re-boot", knowing full well that you have lost something you felt was special.

The Universe was providing me with a few good lessons.

First lesson- Don't get too attached to stuff. Generally, I use to lose my temper (wanting to break something) when these frustrations occur so, to a certain degree, a new level of inner peace has taken root as I "let go" of my "PBS gem" without incident.

The second lesson- Let go of the notion that there is some magic formula or strategy on-line that will help me expand the traffic to my site. 

It is pretty funny. Whenever I have gotten into a real flow with my blog and start reading other site on ways to optimize traffic to my site, trouble comes. Last year I did it and boom! And just two days ago, I was reading a blog about making money online with your blog and boom another vicious Trojan I was not able to resolve until literally 10 a.m. this morning.

Thankfully, I had Norton Internet Security. It literally saved me the repeat of hours of computer drama that I experienced last year. I will admit I tried my best to figure out what the problem was on my own but I kept getting high level attacks every few minutes attempting to screw me over royally. Yes, it created some minor issues but I broke down and called the Norton Live expert, actually it took very friendly gentleman  from India to help me but they got me back on track.

I don't like sounding like an advertisement but I have to give props to Norton Internet Security because they kept my computer functioning for this not so tech savvy blogger.  I will recommend getting their protection for anyone new to blogging. If  I am going to remain in the blogosphere exploring new sites, I feel safer having some protection and support.

Oh and if you are interested in saving Big Bird and Elmo for you or your children, consider going to www.170millionamericans.org and get involved in any way you are comfortable. PBS does matter.



What kind of world would it be without Sesame Street?

1 comments:

Andrew Farah said...

Very interesting content! ★★★★★

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails