Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Change Your Thoughts

Well, I am a week into keeping my thoughts focused on the positive. While I cannot say I have seen wonderous miracles abound, I can say I have dropped a tremendous amount of stress from my day-to-day life. I found that I have conditioned my first reaction to events to be negative and with it came a slow accumulation of stress. I will confess it is not easy making the shift but it is so much more enjoyable looking at life with a bit of hope as opposed to pessimism.

Sunday, I started back my Sunday runs in Griffith park with my training partner. Even though she got sick right before the LA Marathon, she has decided to keep running with me on Sundays. Our first post-marathon run was terrific. We took it easy and had an amazing conversation about life.

Started nightly meditation this week which has been great for clearing my head of stress before bed. Eventually I would like to start my day with a morning meditation to set the stage for my day.

Today, I sent off my taxes. Always a fun adventure. One day I will do my taxes early but there is something about being apart of the last minute frenzied energy of the April 15th deadline I find enjoyable, haha!

I will say the best benefit to this focus on the positive is in my acting. My performances in my acting class have been fantastic. I hae been giving myself permission to jump off the edge and have fun and I have felt my confidence, and the quality of my work has been improving. When you step out of your own way, there is no telling what creative impulses will be unleashed.

Looking forward to what lies ahead.

1 comments:

nothing profound said...

Sounds like you making wonderful progress. Keep it up!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails