Thursday, April 1, 2010

Thank God for Bally's!!

Sometimes people can be cruel under the guise of humor. I have a friend who works in my manager's office. Today he decided in the spirit of April Fool's day, he would call to congratulate me on booking the role I auditioned for for the upcoming film "Thor."

For one magical moment I was on Cloud 9! Next thing you know he informed me it was all just an April Fool's Day joke. I hung up and spent the afternoon in an amazing funk. Who takes the area where you are most vulnerable about and makes a joke out of it?

Thank God for Bally's because going to the gym and working out was the only thing capable of washing away the anger and frustration that seemed to take over. As I ran on the treadmill, I finally could just let go. When all else fails, the gym can work miracles!

Lesson learned? "Friends" can be toxic but they don't have to poison you if you don't allow them. It is up to you to choose how you react to what life throws at you, no matter how much it may blindside you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails