Monday, March 29, 2010

Can I Be The Space For This?

I just wanted to write today with no profound revelations to proclaim just a need to get out of my own head. I seem to be having one of those days where I have no motivation to do anything. I don't feel depressed, per say. I just don't have any desire to focus on any of the number of things I have on my plate.

I'm hoping tomorrow will get me back on track. Just in case I will start my day with a trip to the gym. Getting the blood flowing is bound to stir things up in a good way.

Perhaps my mind is resisting my plans to get more disciplined. Over the weekend I bought material to create an appointment calender for myself so I can start listing my goals and day -to -day activities i want to get done. I know i need this so I can balance time on my screenplay with time for French, acting exercises, 2011 marathon training and gym time. I know I have an issue with working on one thing and feeling I should be working on something else. My hope is writing it down will help me prioritize how much time during the week goes to what. Hopefully this will allow me to focus on what I am doing at the present moment.

PBS had an hour long  Eckhart Tolle seminar broadcast that mentioned something that has stuck with me. We life so much in worrying about the past or future we lose sight of living in the present moment  which is all we ever have. He said if you take anything from this discussion take this, ask yourself "Can I be the space for this?" In doing so we increase the chances of experiencing where we are in that moment without waiting until that moment before we drift to sleep when we say "Ahh" as we slip into the unconsciousness of sleep.

Maybe I just need to take my vitamins today.

"Can I be the space for this?" Hmmm.

1 comments:

Thought Bubble Ten said...

What a great question. It really pulls you back into 'now'.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails