Friday, March 5, 2010

Hoping Thor's Hammer Would Tap Me On The Shoulder!

It has been a very interesting time for me. Last month, I was lucky enough to get an audition for a small role in the upcoming film "Thor." I cannot tell you how exciting it was to go in and have my shot at being a part of an almost assured blockbuster that definitely would hold the potential of moving my career forward substantially! The audition went very well. Actually it was one of my best! I could not stop thinking about possibly working with Kenneth Branaugh, Renee Russo and Sir Anthony Hopkins!! I kept my mouth shut and refused to even mention the film by name so as not to set myself up for a bigger fall if I didn't get it.

Well, last week I got a call from my manager who received a call from the casting director who told him I was still in the running for the role!! They also wanted to know if I was available for shooting on March 8th. Let me tell you I was on CLOUD NINE!! At the very least, I know that I made a favorable impression with the casting director  and possibly the producers to still be in the running.

Why then am I mentioning the name of the film I kept such a secret for the last month? Umm, well... it is now 6:00 p.m. on Friday, March 5th and I must concede the possiblity and strong likelihood that I did not get the role. Certainly, I would have heard by now if I was cast for a role that is going into shooting on Monday.
I guess there is always the chance of delays in the shooting schedule. However, for my own mental health as an actor, I feel it is best to mourn the loss of such a fantastic opportunity and take pride in the fact that my talents got me this far. I am not leaving empty-handed because, believe it or not, making a good impression on such a big time casting director opens a door to future consideration that did not exist before this whole experience.

The future now seems full of possibilities!!


I may be temporarily disappointed but I am happy for such an exciting adventure in this hero's endless epic journey that I call MY LIFE! 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails