Saturday, January 9, 2010

Walking the Walk Gives You Plenty to See

Well, my epic journey continues with much amusement along the way. Yesterday, I had an audition at Paramount Studios. I did my routine of working with a friend on the audition and getting myself into a focused, tranquil state of mind. My goal with each audition since my return to the acting profession has been to just get use to the process, create my preparatory rotine and let go of the nerves of actually being back in the business. To date it has not been as much about landing the job as getting confident in myself again.

So far, so good. 

My audition was at 4pm and I was doing my best to view the audition as just one of the things I do in the development of my career and not as some do or die situation that will define my life. As my first audition of 2010 manifested  8 days into the new year I saw this as a good sign of how this year will unfold.  Everything was going great until 2:30 when I went to my car and the battery was DEAD. I grabbed my briefcase and immediately started the 25 minute walk to the subway station. My mind flipped into stealth mode, calculating the time I had against the distance I had to travel by subway then on foot from Hollywood and Vine to Melrose Ave.


Normally, I would start feeling a growing sense of panic in my belly rising up to overwhelm me. However, this time, it didn't happen. I decided to see this as an adventure. How could I get there quickly without sweating too much and looking like a crazy man? How can I use this situation to my advantage? I suddenly remembered that all morning I kept thinking what if I took public transportation and avoided the whole drama of finding parking near the studio? I even imagined the trip on foot in my mind earlier in the day. So, when the dead battery revealed itself, I already had a game plan in place and there was no need to panic. I decided that I was going to place my dominate thought on having fun, from this unexpected adventure right through the audition.  I arrived on the Paramount lot with 9 minutes to spare and to my surprise the casting director was running behind so I had plenty of time to cool down and relax into the moment.

The actual audition went really well. I was so focused on getting there on time I had no time to think about being nervous. I walked in did my thing and made the casting director laugh so at the very least I made a good impression for the future. I headed out of the audition feeling like a million bucks! Getting the job is truly secondary after this experience. I felt for the first time as if my process was becoming second nature. For me this is critical because when I am feeling like this then I am able to take the work to a deeper richer place because I am getting out of my own way.

I even had time to really see my surroundings and enjoy walking on the Paramount lot, soaking in the environment. I accomplished my mission and had fun every step of the way.

2010 is going to be a transformative year for me. I can feel it!  I know down deep in my bones that something was helping and guiding me today. I plan on doing a lot more listening to that guidance. I felt as if I was walking the walk of my spiritual beliefs and that was the most amazing part of this day.  As I continue my work on self and connecting with Source, I know amazing experiences are going to continue to unfold into my life. My challenge is to keep my thoughts focused on WHAT I WANT TO EXPERIENCE.  I am excited to see what is coming next!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails