Thursday, January 14, 2010

Working On My Vibrations...

Over the past few days I have found myself drawn to the topic of meditation and the power of mantras. Don't ask me why this has come up but I have decided to follow the intuitive push in this direction and see where it takes me. I have always been interested in meditation but never found myself capable of sitting still long enough to do it properly. Seeing myself as more of a physical person, I enjoy the meditative benefits of such things as my running, walking, yoga etc. So this is new territory and I am feeling like this new adventure may be just what I need.

Of course, I found a plethora of interesting clips on youtube.

I know that it is all about energy. We are all vibratory beings. I am fascinated to learn more about what that actually means and how tapping into it can improve the experience of my day-to-day life. I understand intellectually about the chakra system but have no idea how to concretely affect them in any way. One of my goals (not resolutions) for the year is to explore as many avenues as possible to awaken and expand my creativity, imagination and visualization skills. Hopefully, developing a real and consistent meditation practice will aid in this exploration.

So far, my experiences with meditation have produced a greater sense of calm. My stress level about life has been up and down throughout 2009 and any tools to minimize it in 2010 is much appreciated. A greater sense of calm is a start and demonstratively tangible initial benefits so I have no complaints.

Who knows what exciting avenues of growth will arise from this new adventure?  I look forward to what shall unfold.

My Spirit's journey continues...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails