Wednesday, November 11, 2009

And The Winner Is...

You may have guessed, I did not get the job I auditioned for on Monday. The great thing is, I still feel like I was the winner. I think this was one of my best auditions. I did exactly what I wanted for the scene and they went with someone else. That is okay because I conquered that nervous energy that I have carried with me.

The biggest lesson for me is that I have the ability to control how I feel about any situation. Knowing that, I was able to accept when I started getting nervous and anxious and move to a better feeling place.

It's funny that if you feel you can't do anything about the feelings that rise up within you then you are a hostage to those emotions. This was my best audition because when I moved from being nervous to excited and hopeful, boy I felt so much more connected to the piece and the scene flowed so much better.

I look forward to future auditions and the opportunity to get further along in my journey as an actor.   

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails