Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Je t'aime Paris!

Have I mentioned yet my lifelong love of all things French? It is true. I love the sound of the language, the sensual, sexy quality of its people, and the ever fascinating contributions to the world of cinema!

I, of course, studied French in high school. In college I initially was studying French and planning to spend a semester in Strasbourg. However, I had an encounter that literally led me to follow my intuition and switch universities to become a theater major. While I never regretted that choice, I always regretted never going to France to study for a semester and gain fluency in French.

It has now occurred to me that the only thing keeping me from going is ME. That being the case I am getting out of my own way. I plan to go to Paris in 2011 for a weekend, a week... I have no idea yet, but I am going! I'm choosing 2011 because I want to use the time to learn enough French to be able to get around on my own. Yes, I plan to go on my own. I want to see the Mona Lisa, visit the Eiffel Tower, rent an appartment in the Marais District and walk along the Seine. I am sure I could invite a friend along but I want to do this just for myself and allow myself to step outside of my comfort zone.

I think the biggest challenge will be to develop the discipline to study French everyday growing a little bit at a time until I can speak with confidence!  I need to make this fun because what's the point of doing this if it is not fun? Ideally, I'd like to be able to go see a movie completely in French and not need to read the subtitles!!! Who knows, I may even find romance in the City of Lights. It definitely would be useful to communicate as fully as possible. Otherwise things could get A-W-K-W-A-R-D! Haha!

No time like the present, I am gonna watch the film Je T'Aime Paris in the mood!!

Au Revoir!!         

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails