Friday, November 13, 2009

Surviving "DAY TWO"

It is Day Two and I can honestly say I have not thought about smoking and haven't had any cravings.
I am however, fighting back a chest cold that appearred seemingly out of nowhere.

Now Day One, was interesting. I cleared out my apartment of any signs of my former smoking self. Not a half smoked cigarette butt in the place. I woke up yesterday at 6 am and rushed myself over to the Bikram Yoga studio for their 7am class. The class was great and I felt as if I had worked out at the gym. The heat definitely helped me stretch out some very stiff muscles and joints. I left feeling like a million bucks. The class finished around 8:30 am and I was on top of the world!

I tried to connect with a friend to grab some breakfast but she didn't pick up. I thought I would change and go to the gym. But first I needed a little nap. Not a big fan of naps but my couch was callling.  Slowly I started to feel a little sore as if I already worked out so I decided to not overdue things. Later, I dropped off some letters at the post office and picked up a copy of the dvd "Away We Go." 

I became really a bit obssessed with sleep. I took another short nap before I snuggled under blankets and enjoyed the film.

Slowly I could feel that weird feverish feeling you get when you know some illness is lurking but not sure what it is for certain. I spent much of the hours between Thursday night and Friday morning in a semi-conscious daze with my chest feeling like crap. Eventually I slept and didn't wake til sometime around 12:30 or 1pm Friday afternoon.

I can only assume my body is reacting to my quitting smoking but I am not complaining. It is as if my body is giving itself a tune up. Normally even when I am sick my nicotine cravings are still strong. At this moment, I have no desire to smoke. My next real challenge is Sunday, when I have breakfast with a friend, not my Sunday Brunch friend- he had to cancel for this sunday. No this friend, she is a serious smoker and I am hoping she can refrain from smoking around me or at least not offer me cigarettes in case I find myself tempted. Either way I will be fine. I am committed to quitting. If I can't be around my smoking friends for a little while until I get more smoke-free time under my belt than I will adjust as needed. Whatever I need to do to remain smoke-free I will do it.

As far as mood swings go, I have been having moments of sudden and intense annoyance but it quickly disappears as quickly as it arose. I think the best thing about being in bed sick is I am getting thru my first 72 hours (apparently the worst period) with little interactions with those who might trigger me. I do feel a strange connection to my emotions right now but mixed with this overwhelming need to sleep has everything feeling blurry.
    

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails