Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Practice, Practice, Practice

Last night I went to my Tuesday night acting class. I was working on a scene that has been a challenge for everyone. I decided that I am going to change my approach to my work and enjoy the process. I didn't nail the scene as I had hoped but I found that changing my approach allowed me the opportunity to learn so much more from my work than I have in the past. Usually, I come home either feeling elated or deflated. Last night, however, there was no need for deflation because, after all, I am living the life I want to be living. Why waste a moment beating myself up for "failing" when I can use it to learn and grow?

To say this is a "victory" is an understatement. Realizing that I am moving toward my goals with every opportunity to learn and grow is the best tool I could add to my arsenal. Moving from frustration to contentment is a nice shift; and with contentment as my new "base," my chances of moving from contentment to elation on a more regular basis is something to look forward to.       

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails