Sunday, October 25, 2009

When You Change The Way You Look At Things, The Things You Look At Change

Wayne Dyer made this statement in his PBS seminar on The Power of Intention. I am starting to get it.

Today was a FULL day. My days are become fuller than ever before now that I am consciously working on being aware of where I am directing my thoughts. 

I started with my Sunday long run as part of my marathon training. I had a wonderful time with one of my running buddies. We jogged and had a nice discussion about the power of choosing to be positive and letting go of negative thought patterns when they arise.

It was funny, because I told her I had another epiphany as I went to sleep. I was listening to an Abraham-Hicks youtube clip about the need to change one's story if life is not giving you what you want. I listened but didn't make the connection in my own life until I started to drift off. Like a flash I saw that I have been living my old story of Johnny's death and its impact on my life. It dawned on me that the writing of my story about Johnny was an opportunity to let that story go and move forward from this moment and start telling a new story of the life I want to live. Wow.

The morning discussion was so uplifting. The chat lasted a while until we could no longer waste precious oxygen on conversation.

That is when I decided to use my quiet time to have a mental rampage of postive thoughts. I just allowed myselfto imagine how wonderful it would be if I had this or traveled there or allowed that to happen in my life. Just like it did two days earlier on the treadmill, I found myself running farther, gaining strength and feeling so amazingly happy, I could not believe I was running close to 7 miles! It is going to be a fun journey to 26.2 miles but I think I have found a valuable tool.

When I got home at 9:30 am I had to get ready for my West Hollywood brunch with my friend. That was a challenging opportunity to choose to not care what other people say to or about you even when they are trying to trigger you. My friend seemed to be in rare form with an endless stream of sarcasm, negativity or outright rudeness. I found myself having to practice very hard the art of non-resistance. When I could allow myself to see his one-man show was just that, I could see it had nothing to do with me. The only problem was I hadn't reached that place where it didn't completely affect me. However, I had been able to lose the anger and moved to the lighter level of frustration. That is progress. As much as my friend frustrates me, I accept that he is probably my greatest life teacher, shining a bright spotlight on the issues I need to overcome. He may single-handedly show me they way to mastering the direction of my thoughts.

By the time I got home, I turned on the tv to see Wayne Dyer who seemed to be the Source's vehicle to communicate with me. It was a little startling to be watching tv and the man on the screen seems almost to be talking directly to how i was feeling at that very moment. I snapped up and realized that Inner Guidance is real and can come to you when you open yourself up to hear it.

I ended my day's activity with a coaching gig. The beauty of that gig was that I was spending the day before working on loosening my resistance around allowing more money to flow into my life. Lo and behold, a call comes with a guy asking for my coaching assistance! Life is great and the money is flowing!

I can only say that today was an example of the power of one's thoughts and value of living consciously. I feel like I have been asleep for a decade. It is so could to be awake!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails