Monday, October 26, 2009

Staying Open for the "Hmm..." As Well As The "Wow!"

I had a mellow relaxing day today. I thought, well I'll skip writing on this blog today, as I don't want to write just to write. So, I took a look at what I did experience today. There were no WOW moments clammering in my head.  I found that i did have recurring moments of negative thoughts coming up and they led me to ask myself what are these thoughts about? In turn I was able to see that I have some resistance to where I am with my acting career. I have been having a slow period and not sure what I needed to do to get things going.

These questions and resulting thoughts led me back to listening to the Abraham-Hicks youtube clips, as they have helped me slip into a place of non-resistance. The attached clip really spoke to me.

As I proceed through the remainder of the day and prepare for my acting class tomorrow, I have come to the realization that I want to bring more joy to my acting process. I want to see my acting experiences and career as a joyful journey and not a "success or fail" gamble.  I want to be in the now and allow myself to enjoy the moment when I am acting and realize the "am I getting this right" mantra that has been a part of my process up to this moment and that is okay because that is where I am. However, as I have the ability to choose where I place my thoughts, why not choose what I want rather than re-tell the story of how I am not getting what i want. What I choose now is to try something different, tell a new story of my acting career and feel good as I do it.

    

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails